29 October 2008

UPDATES!! UPDATES!!


Time for some updates:

1. I have some sad news. The little neighborhood chihuahua I called Piggy is with us no more. One of the neighbors found him dead in our front yard a couple of weeks ago. We had been exceedingly busy, gone a lot, and hadn't seen him for a few days but thought it was because we were on a different schedule. Possibly he had a heart attack for he wasfound lying on his side on the soft grass underneath a tender blue spruce by our front driveway. He knew we loved him, but I think he loved our salami. He is missed. He was a bright spot on the neighborhood scene.

2. Well, I'm now two months with the new glasses and they have been somewhat challenging. They are perfect for working at the sewing machine with my quilting project so I guess they are ok. I'd go back and get rechecked but there's still no guarantee the next ones would be better. I guess I did "get used to them" as the technician suggested, but they sure aren't my favorite glasses! (And YES, believe that a professional person said this!) Looks like I'll be shopping not only for glasses but a new opthamologist next time.

3. The Canada vacation continues to rest well in my mind. Whenever things get hectic, I just retreat to the silence and beauty of the remote Ontario lake country and breathe deeply. Here's another photo. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy,
I'm loving those serene photographs and your lively comments - a fine duo.